About Working at Massa Products Corporation
Massa Products Corporation (MASSA) is located in Hingham, on the South Shore of Boston, Massachusetts. We design, engineer, and manufacture specialized advanced electronic equipment. We are a preferred partner for the U.S. and Allied Navies, and for many of the world’s largest corporations. This year, we will celebrate 75 years in this business!
MASSA was founded in the spirit of innovation by industry pioneer, Frank Massa. Today the 3rd generation family business continues to advance the field of electroacoustics, defining what is possible through new product development and innovation. At MASSA, we design and manufacture SONAR and Ultrasonic Sensors, Transducers, and Systems for a wide variety of military and industrial applications. We are the eyes and ears for naval ships and submarines with our underwater technologies.
Massa is deemed an Essential Business, and as such, we have remained open throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic with ZERO cases of transmission at our facility. We have also not had to furlough or layoff anyone – in fact, we’re hiring! It’s an exciting time at MASSA where we are working on many amazing new projects.
We offer salaries that are commensurate with background and experience; health, dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401-K plan with profit sharing opportunity; paid vacation, and eleven paid holidays. These benefits are offered to qualified hourly and salaried employees. MASSA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Massa Products Corporation is a private family-owned company that conducts business both in Commercial Industry and as a Government Contractor, therefore verification of Citizenship or Green Card is required.
Due to our strong growth, we seek candidates for the following positions. If you have the requisite experience and qualities we seek for the position listed below, please contact us. We will be looking forward to meeting you!
Embedded Firmware/Software Engineer
Posted: June 15, 2021
Massa is looking for an experienced Embedded Firmware/Software Engineer to develop products for our commercial electroacoustic systems line. These systems provide a variety of data collection, process control, instrumentation, and communication solutions. You will be part of a small, fast-paced, hands-on engineering team developing both firmware and software for commercial products. In our small company environment, your expertise, innovation, and contributions count.
We are at an exciting threshold in engineering, expanding product capabilities in measurement and communications capabilities and expanding the team to make it happen. If you are a driven Embedded Firmware/Software Engineer with 5 plus years of development experience – Massa is the place for you!
- As an Embedded Firmware/Software Engineer you will be responsible for project firmware and support software design from concept through production. This includes full lifecycle development of new products as well as incremental updates to legacy products.
- Firmware tasks will develop modular processes supporting acoustic signal capture, signal processing, and a variety of communication protocols.
- Software responsibilities include PC-based process evaluation, data recording, analysis, and production test utilities. Software tasks also include customer-facing configuration and monitoring tools.
- You will work with electrical, acoustic, software, and manufacturing engineers to produce innovative solutions to very broad and ever-changing customer challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or related fields.
- 5+ years of experience with excellent working knowledge of microprocessor-based firmware design under cost and resource constraints.
- Proven ability to self-manage, tenacious problem-solver, work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, communicate technical information both inside and outside the company.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of strong C/C++ embedded firmware, real-time, bare metal, and RTOS with Microchip PIC, ARM processors.
- Ability to conceive, analyze, and optimize structured firmware for modules from acoustic measurements thru DSP and wired / wireless communications.
- Detailed knowledge of uC peripherals SPI, I2C, UART, PWM, CCP.
- Solid experience with RS485/232, USB, 4-20 mA.
- Experience with board bring-up, debugging, and design validation.
- Experience using MPLAB, Eclipse IDE tools and API resources, quickly implementing complex processing and communication functionality.
- Windows application, Visual Studio, .net, C#, WinForms / WPF, Sequel database.
- Wireless and network/internet protocols (Modbus TCP, Ethernet, TCP/IP, MQTT, RESTful).
- Real-time DSP for noise reduction, coded signal detection.
- Familiar with requirements of UL 1998 and 60730, FMEA.
Posted: April 1, 2021
If you are a skilled machinist who would like to work in an interesting and diverse environment working with our engineers to machine specialized one-of-a-kind jigs and fixtures for building ultrasonic sensor and Sonars – Massa is the place for you. The right individual must be proficient in using all standard (non-CNC) machine-shop equipment. This person must be capable of working in a fast-paced engineering department and have the ability to move from job to job quickly.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ability to work with engineering staff in the manufacture of special-purpose tools and fixtures to produce our products
- Ability to read blueprints and CAD drawings
- Work from verbal instructions and rudimentary sketches
- Assist engineers in the design of fixturing and offer suggestions in assembly processes
- Proficient use of Lathes, Millers, Surface Grinders
- Trade School/Technical education and/or career experience; must possess a strong mechanical aptitude
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
For all the positions above, MASSA offers salaries that are commensurate with background and experience; health, dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401-K plan with profit-sharing opportunity; paid vacation, and eleven paid holidays. These benefits are offered to qualified hourly and salaried employees. MASSA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. MASSA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. MASSA is a private family-owned company that conducts business both in Commercial Industry and as a Government Contractor, therefore verification of Citizenship or Green Card is required.
Please deliver, email, or mail your completed employment application (link above) and/or resume to us at:
Massa Products Corporation
280 Lincoln Street
Hingham, MA 02043
Relocation assistance is not available.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.