About Working at Massa Products Corporation
Massa Products Corporation (MASSA) is located in Hingham, on the South Shore of Boston, Massachusetts. MASSA is a 3rd Generation Family Business and is Woman Run. We design, engineer, and manufacture specialized advanced electronic equipment. We are a preferred partner for the U.S. and Allied Navies, and for many of the world’s largest corporations.
Founded in the spirit of innovation by industry pioneer, Frank Massa, over 75 years ago, the company continues to advance the field of electroacoustics, defining what is possible through new product development and innovation. At MASSA, we design and manufacture SONAR and Ultrasonic Sensors, Transducers & Systems for a wide variety of military and industrial applications. We are the eyes and ears for naval ships and submarines with our underwater technologies.
MASSA is deemed an Essential Business, and as such, we have remained open throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic with ZERO cases of transmission at our facility. We have also not had to furlough or lay off anyone – in fact, we’re hiring! It’s an exciting time at MASSA where we are working on many amazing new projects. To work at Massa, one needs to be driven, creative, and able to collaborate with various departments.
We offer salaries that are commensurate with background and experience; health, dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401-K plan with profit sharing opportunity; paid vacation, and eleven paid holidays. These benefits are offered to qualified hourly and salaried employees. MASSA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Massa Products Corporation is a private family-owned company that conducts business both in Commercial Industry and as a Government Contractor; therefore, verification of Citizenship or Green Card is required.
Due to our strong growth, we seek candidates for the following positions. If you have the requisite experience and qualities we seek for the positions listed below, please contact us. We will be looking forward to meeting you!
Senior Software/Firmware Engineer
Posted: March 2, 2022
Massa is looking for an experienced Software/Firmware Engineer with a strong background in Sonar Systems. In this position, you will be part of a small, fast-paced, hands-on engineering team developing software for Massa’s sonar and air ultrasonic sensor systems. You will develop software ranging from data collection and signal processing to customer-facing GUI and cloud services. In our small company environment, your expertise, innovation, and contributions will be recognized.
We are at an exciting threshold in engineering, expanding product capabilities in measurement and communications capabilities and expanding the team to make it happen. If you are a driven Software/Firmware Engineer with eight-plus years of development experience – Massa is the place for you!
- As a Senior Software/Firmware Engineer, you will be responsible for project firmware and software design, from concept through production. This includes full life cycle development of new products, as well as incremental updates to legacy products.
- Firmware tasks will develop modular processes supporting acoustic signal capture, signal processing, system control, and a variety of communication protocols.
- Software responsibilities will include customer-facing applications, communication with sensors and the internet, and cloud-based customer applications.
- In collaboration with our electrical, acoustic, software, and manufacturing engineers, you will have the opportunity to develop innovative solutions to very broad and ever-changing customer challenges.
- Bachelors or Masters in computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, or related fields.
- 8+ years experience in software and firmware hands-on development.
- Ability to lead projects from concept through design, validation, testing, and production.
- Proven ability to self-manage, tenacious problem-solver, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, communicating technical information both inside and outside the company.
Skills and Experience:
- Solid experience in C/C++ firmware, real-time, bare metal, and RTOS based.
- Experience with sonar system software and platforms, data collection, signal processing, and communication.
- Familiar with wireless/network communications, LoRa, WiFi, Cellular, MQTT, RESTful.
- Experience with board bring-up, debug, and design validation testing.
- Experience with cloud data services, security, data processing, web access, and storage.
- Ability to optimize structured firmware/software for modules from acoustic measurements through DSP and wired/wireless communications
- Smartphone application development.
- Real-time DSP for noise reduction, coded signal detection.
- Familiar with requirements of UL 1998 and 60730, FMEA.
Posted: April 1, 2021
If you are a skilled machinist who would like to work in an interesting and diverse environment working with our engineers to machine specialized one-of-a-kind jigs and fixtures for building ultrasonic sensor and Sonars – Massa is the place for you. The right individual must be proficient in using all standard (non-CNC) machine-shop equipment. This person must be capable of working in a fast-paced engineering department and have the ability to move from job to job quickly.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ability to work with engineering staff in the manufacture of special-purpose tools and fixtures to produce our products
- Ability to read blueprints and CAD drawings
- Work from verbal instructions and rudimentary sketches
- Assist engineers in the design of fixturing and offer suggestions in assembly processes
- Proficient use of Lathes, Millers, Surface Grinders
- Trade School/Technical education and/or career experience; must possess a strong mechanical aptitude
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
For all the positions above, MASSA offers salaries that are commensurate with background and experience; health, dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401-K plan with profit-sharing opportunity; paid vacation, and eleven paid holidays. These benefits are offered to qualified hourly and salaried employees. MASSA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. MASSA is a private family-owned company that conducts business both in Commercial Industry and as a Government Contractor; therefore, verification of Citizenship or Green Card is required.
Please deliver, email, or mail your completed employment application (link above) and/or resume to us at:
Massa Products Corporation
280 Lincoln Street
Hingham, MA 02043
Relocation assistance is not available.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.