About Working at Massa Products Corporation
Massa Products Corporation (MASSA) is a 3rd Generation Family Business that designs, engineers, and manufactures electroacoustic products. We are a dedicated team of people creating innovative and technical products used in various applications for industry and the Navy. At MASSA, you will work on jobs critical to our national security and the submarine industrial base. The sky’s the limit for training and promotion for individuals who are hungry to learn and interested in performing quality work. The more you put into your work, the more we invest in you! Realize your full potential and enjoy a higher quality of life where you can feel proud of your career.
Founded in the spirit of innovation by industry pioneer, Frank Massa, over 75 years ago, the company continues to advance the field of electroacoustics, defining what is possible through new product development and innovation. We design and manufacture SONAR and Ultrasonic Sensors, Transducers & Systems for a wide variety of military and industrial applications. We are the eyes and ears for naval ships and submarines with our underwater technologies.
MASSA is deemed an Essential Business, and as such, we have remained open throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic. We have also not had to furlough or lay off anyone – in fact, we’re hiring! It’s an exciting time at MASSA, where we are working on many amazing new projects. To work at Massa, one needs to be driven, creative, and able to collaborate with various departments.
We offer salaries that are commensurate with background and experience; health, dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401-K plan with profit sharing opportunity; paid vacation; and eleven paid holidays. These benefits are offered to qualified hourly and salaried employees. MASSA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Massa Products Corporation is a private family-owned company that conducts business both in the Commercial Industry and as a Government Contractor; therefore, verification of Citizenship or Green Card is required.
When you join MASSA, you’re not just joining a company; you’re joining a family. Applicants who are selected for this full-time position will be able to grow here by demonstrating their capability to do so. Being detail-oriented, having a strong work ethic, and taking pride in the company are essential for success!
Due to our strong growth, we seek candidates for the following positions. If you have the requisite experience and qualities we seek for the positions listed below, please contact us. We look forward to meeting you!
Quality Control Technician/ Mechanical Inspector
Actively Hiring in 2023
We are seeking a Mechanical Inspector with 2+ years of experience and/or training. The individual selected for this crucial position will perform assigned activities for the Quality Assurance Team. Using various inspection techniques and methodologies will verify a designated part’s physical characteristics, including, but not limited to, height, width, length, inside and outside diameter, etc.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills; self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Broad knowledge of electrical and/or mechanical inspection, including the use of precision inspection tools.
- Ability to read and decipher mechanical drawings.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Basic computer skills.
- Verify receipt of materials against accompanying paperwork and in the ERP system. Verify quantities received, lot number, revision, and conduct an inspection.
- Inspect parts, assemblies, and finished products to drawings and specifications at incoming inspection and at final production inspection acceptance.
- Visual and mechanical, functional and/or electrical inspection of product in the production assembly process through final systems assembly
- Complete inspection documentation which indicates work order progress and results summary
- Apply established inspection procedures and use appropriate inspection tools and instruments while maintaining inspection and testing records.
- Co-ordinate with the Quality Manager all activities to address the disposition of non-conforming materials.
- Process nonconformance forms for items that fail inspection.
- Comprehensively document the defect using written description as well as digital photographs as necessary
- Enter information into the ERP system to transfer materials from the QA Inspection area.
- Recommend and implement inspection and receiving related procedural improvement.
- Recommendations to improve inspection methods, fixtures, or tools.
- Recommendations for modifications to parts to correct frequently observed defects.
- Work with the Quality Manager on planning and monitoring incoming materials inspection, prepare for uneven incoming volume, and propose plans to keep stock in inspection to shorten turnover.
Actively Hiring in 2023
This position reports directly to the Director of Electrical & Software Engineering and will also work directly with the CTO and other Department Teams. It is expected that this professional will collaborate with Acoustic Engineering and Production Engineering as well as with Production Teams to create new and modified products that can be mass-produced.
We are seeking an experienced, high-functioning Electrical Engineer skilled in analog/digital circuit design and product documentation. In this position, you will develop sonar and industrial ultrasonic products. You will be part of a small, fast-paced, hands-on engineering team developing products used in a broad variety of uses. In our small company environment, your expertise, innovation, and contributions will count.
We are at an exciting threshold in engineering, expanding product capabilities in measurement and communications, and expanding the team to make it happen.
If you are a driven Electrical Engineer with 5 or more years of development experience – Massa is the place for you!
RESPONSIBILITIES shall include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for project hardware and circuit design from concept through production. This includes full life cycle development of new products, as well as incremental updates to legacy products
- Your hardware designs will include microprocessors, mixed-signal circuits, component selection, schematic capture, PCB layout, analysis, and documentation
- Responsibilities will also include planning design validation tests and production test plans
- You will work with electrical, acoustic, software, and manufacturing engineers to produce innovative solutions to very broad and ever-changing customer challenges
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience with excellent working knowledge of microprocessor-based, mixed signal circuit design, under cost and resource constraints
- Well-versed in state-of-the-art semiconductor technologies, components, and vendors
- Proven ability to self-manage, tenacious problem-solver, and multitask on more than one project at a time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, communicating technical information both inside and outside the company
- Passion for advancing the state-of-the-art applied to industrial electronics products and manufacturing processes
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years experience developing product architecture, embedded mixed signal circuitry, schematic capture, circuit analysis, and PCB layout
- Low-level analog, filter, signal processing, and microcontroller circuit design for battery-powered devices
- Power amplifier/transducer drive circuits, boost converters for radio power
- Detailed knowledge of 4-20 mA and RS-485 device interface circuits
- Experience with prototyping, board bring-up, debugging, design validation, production testing, and manufacturing support
- Document product and circuit specifications. Initiate new parts drawings, product drawing packages, production process sheets, and QC test plans
- Capability in estimating product cost, development time, and support needs
- Familiar with Sonar and Acoustics
- Familiarity with product certifications (CE, UL, Intrinsic safety, FCC)
- Working knowledge and ability in C/C++ and development tools
- Experience with FPGA design, VHDL code, simulation, and tools
Actively Hiring in 2023
The individuals selected to join our Production Assembly Team will work in various areas on our SONAR and Ultrasonic Production Lines for both Government and Commercial Industries. We will train the right candidates for our specialized work. Ideal candidates will have experience in manufacturing environments and with electromechanical assembly. Soldering experience is also beneficial. Under direct supervision, the individual will perform component and/or final assembly operations on transducers, cable assemblies, and electronic assemblies in various stages of in-process or final assembly following established procedures. Individuals applying should be able to lift 50 pounds on occasion.
In addition to competitive wages, MASSA offers an excellent benefits package, including health, dental, life, and disability insurance(s), along with a 401k plan with profit-sharing opportunities! This package is offered to full-time hourly and salaried employees.
When you join MASSA, you’re not just joining a company; you’re joining a family. Applicants who are selected for this full-time position will be able to grow here by demonstrating their capability to do so. Being detail-oriented, having a strong work ethic, and taking pride in the company, are essential for success!
Individuals seeking to apply for this exciting opportunity can stop in and fill out an application (interviews are often done on the same day) or send a detailed resume to email@example.com. Please include “Manufacturing Technician“ in the subject line.
Machinist/CNC and Conventional
Actively Hiring in 2023
If you are a skilled machinist who would like to work in an exciting and diverse environment working with our engineers to machine specialized one-of-a-kind product prototypes, jigs, and fixtures for building ultrasonic sensors and Sonars – Massa is the place for you. The right individual should be proficient in using all standard (non-CNC) machine-shop equipment and CNC conversational language on a Trak milling machine and lathe or similar. This person must be capable of working in a fast-paced engineering department and have the ability to move from job to job quickly.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ability to work with engineering staff to manufacture special-purpose tools and fixtures to produce our products.
- Ability to read blueprints and work with CAD drawings.
- Work from verbal instructions and rudimentary sketches
- Assist engineers in the design of fixturing and offer suggestions for assembly processes.
- Proficient use of Lathes, Millers, and Surface Grinders, both CNC and conventional
- Trade School/Technical education and/or career experience; must possess a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
Employment with Massa Product Corporation may require an individual to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance. Cleared individuals must be U.S. Citizens, pass a background check successfully, and consent to a non-disclosure agreement.
For all the positions above, MASSA offers salaries that are commensurate with background and experience; health, dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401-K plan with profit-sharing opportunity; paid vacation, and eleven paid holidays. These benefits are offered to qualified hourly and salaried employees. MASSA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. MASSA is a private family-owned company that conducts business both in the Commercial Industry and as a Government Contractor; therefore, verification of Citizenship or Green Card is required.
Massa Products Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Please deliver, email, or mail your completed employment application (link above) and/or resume to us at:
Massa Products Corporation
280 Lincoln Street
Hingham, MA 02043
Relocation assistance is not available.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.