About Working at Massa Products Corporation
MASSA is located in Hingham, on the South Shore of Boston, Massachusetts. We design, engineer, and manufacture specialized advanced electronic equipment for the U.S. and Allied Navies, and for many of the world’s largest corporations. This year, we will celebrate 75 years in this business!
Massa Products Corporation was founded in the spirit of innovation by industry pioneer, Frank Massa. Today the 3rd generation family business continues to advance the field of electroacoustics and is actively developing new products to make this possible. Our products are interesting and unique. The environment and culture at MASSA are challenging, hands-on, and innovative, yet the company still has a family feel.We offer salaries that are commensurate with background and experience; health, dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401-K plan with profit sharing opportunity; paid vacation and eleven paid holidays. These benefits are offered to qualified hourly and salaried employees. MASSA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Are you looking for an opportunity that could change your life? Do you enjoy working in a small company environment and culture? We are hiring! If you have the requisite experience and qualities we seek for the position listed below, please contact us. We will be looking forward to meeting you!
Due to our strong growth, we seek candidates for the following position:
Embedded Systems Engineer:
Posted: February 16, 2021
Massa is looking for an experienced Embedded Systems Engineer to develop products for our commercial electroacoustic systems line. These systems provide a variety of data collection, process control, instrumentation, and communication solutions. You will be part of a small, fast-paced, hands-on engineering team developing both hardware and firmware for commercial products. In our small company environment, your expertise, innovation, and contributions count.
We are at an exciting threshold in engineering, expanding product capabilities in measurement and communications capabilities and expanding the team to make it happen. If you are a driven Embedded Systems Engineer with 5 plus years of hardware and firmware development experience – Massa is the place for you!
- As an Embedded Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for project hardware and firmware design from concept through production. This includes full life cycle development of new products as well as incremental updates to legacy products.
- Your hardware designs will include microprocessors, mixed-signal circuits, component selection, schematic capture, layout, analysis, and documentation.
- Firmware tasks will develop modular processes supporting acoustic signal capture, signal processing, data storage, and a variety of communication protocols.
- Responsibilities will also include planning design validation tests, production test plans, and customer support.
- You will work with electrical, acoustic, software, and manufacturing engineers to produce innovative solutions to very broad and ever-changing customer challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or related fields.
- 5+ years of experience with excellent working knowledge of microprocessor-based mixed-signal circuits and modular firmware design under cost, and resource constraints.
- Proven ability to self-manage, tenacious problem-solver, and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, communicating technical information both inside and outside the company.
- Experience estimating product costs, development time, and support requirements.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience developing product architecture, embedded mixed-signal design, schematic capture, circuit analysis, PCB layout, and documentation.
- Experience with prototyping, board bring-up, debugging, design validation, production testing, and manufacturing support.
- 5+ years of strong embedded programming C/C++, real-time, bare metal, and RTOS.
- Ability to conceive, analyze, and optimize structured firmware for modules from acoustic measurements through DSP and wireless connectivity.
- Experienced in using vendor IDE tools and API resources, quickly implementing complex processing and communication functionality.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Schematic capture, layout, analysis with Orcad, Pspice
- Experience with Microchip PIC, ARM processors, and development tools
- Multiprocessor modules TI CC3220, Nordic NRF9160 – Eclipse IDE
- Low power, battery-powered equipment design
- Real-time interrupt and multitasking processes
- Wired communication RS485/232, USB, 4-20 mA, CAN, LIN – Modbus protocols
- Wireless and network/internet protocols (Ethernet, TCP/IP, MQTT, RESTful)
- Detailed knowledge of uC peripherals SPI, I2C, UART, PWM, CCP
- Real-time DSP
- Experience with quick prototyping (Arduino, Raspberry PI, etc…)
- Windows application, Visual Studio, .net, C#, WinForms / WPF, Sequel database
- AWS, Azure, IoT
We offer salaries that are commensurate with background and experience; health, dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401-K plan with
profit-sharing opportunity; paid vacation and eleven paid holidays. These benefits are offered to qualified hourly and salaried employees.
MASSA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Please deliver, email, or mail your completed employment application (link above) and/or resume to us at:
Massa Products Corporation
280 Lincoln Street
Hingham, MA 02043
Relocation assistance is not available.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.